The first step needed to maintain an edge on your woodcarving knife is to test the knife each time before use. One sign of a woodcarving knife becoming dull is for the cuts to come off in small splinters instead of curled shavings. One of the easiest ways to sharpen your knife is to hold it at a 20 degree angle on your sharping belt and push away from your person. You must repeat the rolling motion shown in the video around ten to twelve times before retesting for sharpness. This step can be repeated until the desired blade angle has been reached.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades