In this video, we learn how to strop on a stropping block. There are two layers to the strop and they measure different lengths. On the bottom you should put two mouse pads to make sure it stays put. Now, charge the strop with a stropping compound and rubbing it against the grain until it flakes off. Next, gauge the angle of your knife and place the blade against the strop. Push against the edge of the blade and work from the top to the bottom in a long and slow arch. This is all there is to stropping, just make sure you count the number of passes for each side.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades