Never be frustrated by a rusted nut and bolt again with this foolproof removal method. Loosen as much rust as possible off the nut with a wire brush. Tap the sides of the nut with a hammer to help the rust separate and fall off. Apply heat to the side of the nut for about a minute. When the bolt is cool enough to touch, spray WD-40 on and around the nut and bolt. Tap the end of the bolt with a hammer to loosen the threads and allow the oil to penetrate. Wait another minute or so for the oil to work, and then use your wrench to loosen. If all else fails, buy a nut splitter and crack that sucker in half. Always wear safety goggles when using a splitter. Painting an object prevents rust from forming by blocking water and air from reaching the iron or steel surface.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades