This is a video tutorial in the Home & Garden category where you are going to learn how to use an electrical box extension. Bob Schmidt shows how to use an electrical box extension during remodeling; when adding drywall, tile or wood over existing surfaces. For this you will need a PVC box extension which is designed to fit over the box that is already embedded in the wall. It extends out of the wall which will be covered by the layer of tile or drywall. Disconnect the power source to the plug point, disconnect the plug and back it in to the wall socket. Place the new surface over the wall, pull the plug out of the socket, slide the box extension over the fixture and fix it in place with 2" extension screws. After that fix the plug back on and you are done.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades