Professional furniture makers have used pocket hole joinery for years... and for good reason. It's a simple way to achieve a strong, permanent joining of two pieces of wood.
So exactly what is a pocket hole, and what's so special about it? A pocket hole is simply a hole drilled at an angle that forms a "pocket" for the screw to sit into. Think of it as a "highly engineered" toe-nailing technique. What makes it precise is the design of the pocket hole jig that guides the drill bit into the wood at a specific angle to produce an "engineered" hole to house the screw head.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades