Tim Carter demonstrates how a pop rivet tool works to connect two pieces of thin metal.
Some projects, such as working on your aluminum gutters, will require you to connect two pieces of thin metal. An effective method is the use of a pop rivet gun. Most pop rivet tools come with an assortment of pop rivets and some 1/8" drill bits.
To hold the metal pieces while pop riveting them together, use a clamp to hold the pieces in position. Then, an 1/8" diameter hole must be drilled through the pieces. Use your power drill and the drill bits furnished. Place the pop rivet into the pop rivet tool, place the pop rivet head into the drilled hole and squeeze. The pop rivet is similar to a nail with a large head. As you squeeze the pop rivet gun, it pulls the shank of the pop rivet causing the head to mushroom on the back side of the metal.
These are great tools for connecting two pieces of thin metal together. To be politically correct, will they be introducing a mom rivet tool?
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades