Attention cheapskates and locksmith apprentices, this key copying solution is stunningly simple.
We've really mulled over this one. As you can read in the comments below, people struggle with executing this successfully. But it can and will work. You just have to modify your key to fit your needs.
This trick works with certain light locks found on mailboxes or gym lockers. Most heavy duty deadbolts require an addendum. You will need to go beyond a single layer of aluminum.
To unlock a door or security lock, reinforce the handcrafted key copy with several duplicate layers of aluminum. Use a sharp Exacto knife rather than kitchen cutlery or scissors to ensure precise cloning.
Copying keys is just the beginning. Check out this list for more odd uses for an empty Coca Cola can.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades